Internship Opportunities at Shepherd’s Field Children’s Village
SFCV is currently offering internships year-round. Our busiest season is during the summer months (May-August), and positions tend to fill up quickly and are assigned on a “first come” basis. Apply TODAY!
- ALL Internships are a minimum of 2 weeks in length.
- ALL Internships will begin on Thursdays.
- ALL Internships will end on Wednesdays.
- Internship Fees: (Included in the internship fee: Thursday pick-up/ Wednesday drop-off at the airport; lodging in the Inn on campus; Daily lunch)
- 2 Weeks (minimum): $400USD
- 4 Weeks: $800USD
- 6 Weeks: $1200USD
- 8 Weeks: 1600USD
- Interns are expected to work a 40-hour work week. An intern may work in several areas while at Shepherd’s Field such as:
- Education/ School: Assisting SFCV teachers in an educational setting; teaching English, assisting with daily class, projects, field trips.
- Guest Relations: Greeting & managing guests, teams and interns; giving tours; maintaining and marketing SFCV store and products.
- Donations: Organizing, maintaining, and marketing donations; assisting staff with donations inventory, distributing supplies to children, nannies and staff.
- Therapy: Assisting SFCV therapy team in daily physical, occupational, speech and behavioral therapies.
- Medical: Assisting SFCV medical team with daily and weekly rounds, hospital visits, treatments.
- Vocational/ Life Skills: Assisting staff as they work with our older children (14 and up) regarding personal care and hygiene, life skills, pre-job training, and job training.
- Campus Management: Helping with SFCV greenhouse and gardens, agriculture, and campus maintenance.
- Recreation: Creating and implementing Physical Education activities for children in school and various activities for houses.
If you are interested in becoming an intern, submit the following:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Recent Photo
- Dates of Interest
Please send to our intern coordinator at [email protected]
Internship Application Windows
Please submit your intern/volunteer application within the time frame stated below:
- Winter Internships, apply between July 1 – November 1
- Spring Internships, apply between October 1 – February 1
- Summer Internships, apply between November 1 – March 1
- Fall Internships, apply between May 1 – September 1
Interns/volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years of age to stay at SFCV on their own. We kindly ask that all interns/volunteers under the age of 16 be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.